ZIP Code Email Marketing
A growing customer base is the mainstay of any successful zip code email marketing business. Small and medium businesses often do not focus on reaching out to new customers in a systematic way, which severely restricts their growth and can even threaten their survival. Small and medium businesses typically rely on organic growth. This involves:
- Attracting more customers
- Getting existing customers to buy more products
- Persuading existing customers to buy more expensive products
Of these, it is critical for small and medium businesses to focus on attracting more customers, since the other two options require diversification. Moreover, attracting more customers grows the customer base. This objective requires a systematic and focused marketing effort to be accomplished. One of the most effective marketing strategies for small and medium businesses is zip code marketing.
Zip Code Email Marketing: The Beginning
Martin Baier, known as the “Father of Direct Marketing,” introduced “ZIP code email marketing” as a strategy. This strategy was introduced with the premise that “birds of a feather flock together.” Baier developed this concept while working at Old American Insurance, a mail-order insurance company. Beginning with a list of ten million people, the company started sending mails and tracking responses by ZIP code. From the responses, the company made note of the lifestyles and psychographic factors. Similar ZIP codes were clustered into larger units.
Zip Code Email Marketing: A Form of Local Business Marketing
Grouping customers by ZIP code helps to group them by demographic characteristics and buying behavior. This can help small and medium businesses make critical marketing decisions.
Businesses should gather information about their customers at the point of sale (or point where the transaction occurs, such as a retail shop). The customer must be asked his/her zip code. This data can be used for local business marketing.
ZIP code email marketing works in the following ways:
- It provides purchasing pattern data
- It helps in determining the location of new business
- Businesses can obtain a consumer’s full address and telephone number by correlating his/her ZIP codes with the name on a credit card.
- ZIP codes are also used to identify notorious geographic regions.
ZIP Code Email Marketing:
- 10 Reasons Why Non-Profit Should Use Email Marketing
- Email Marketing Glossary of Terms
- 38% more email opens took place on Black Friday
- Get Your Free Report
- Email Marketing Stats You Need to Know
- Get a Flood of Customers on Demand
- Auto Consumer Data:
- Is Email Dead
- How Much Should You Pay for Email Marketing Services?
- Email Vertical Market List